Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Top 20 Shows From The First 20 Years: An Introduction

Recently I finally got around to arranging the last year and change worth of ticket stubs. Put them all in a new binder...then rolled some out of the last binder into this one. Essentially dividing the first 20 years of concerts from what i hope will be the next 20.

I go to a lot of shows, always have. I decided last summer that i should put together a top list...top 10 did not seem enough, 20 certainly seemed like a possibility. So i gave myself some parameters. First being they had to fall within the first 20 years. That gives us December 18, 1991- the same date 2011. That is still a lot of shows. In order to help me narrow it down, and of course because i like to give myself ridiculous rules, the ENTIRE show had to be worthy. Opening acts, the bill from top to bottom. This made it more challenging. Made it a little more fun for me. The order will be chronological. I mean seriously, it was hard enough to pick 20, and as I sit here getting ready to do this, even the 20 I picked might not be set in stone.

Starting tomorrow and continuing over 20 posts (obviously), I will list the top 20 shows i have attended over those first 20 years. I reserve the right to make additional "honorable mention" posts, as well as particular break out sets that don't qualify because of poor openers or what have you. Who knows how long this will take, I am, obviously easily distracted by things. Lets have a little fun and talk about music for a bit.





No comments:

Post a Comment